Thursday, June 17, 2010

Surgery is Scheduled

I arrived at the Helmsley Medical Tower Guest Suites at about 5:45 this evening. Even though the hospital is only a few miles from where we live, I guess they want to make sure we arrive in time, so the Rogosin Institute is putting us up just a couple of blocks away.

Tonight, Roni and I will go out for a nice dinner, and maybe a cigar and drinks, before our big day tomorrow.

Tomorrow (Friday, June 18), I have to be at the hospital at 8AM, and surgery will be at 9:30 AM. As long as everything goes according to plan, the surgery should take an hour or less. Roni or I will post after the surgery to let you know how it went.

While I am nervous about another surgery, I am more nervous about the possibility that there may not be enough room in the abdomen for all of the macrobeads they need to install. If there is not enough room, which they won't know until the surgery, they may say that I am not a candidate for the trial, which means the only options I have are to do nothing, or chemo.

Please pray that there is enough room for the beads, and that they are effective.

As always, thank you all for your prayers.

Kevin

10 comments:

  1. Hey Kevin,

    Good luck! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and will hope for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we will be thinking and praying for you and the doctors tomorrow. stay strong cousin. God's hand is on this situation. we not tell God how big the problem is, instead we will tell the problem how big our God is.

    Dwayne and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. There'll be room. Prayers going out to you Kev.
    Hugs,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're in my thoughts and prayers, Kevin!

    Sheboygan Dan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will be praying for you Kevin, for wisdom and focus for the doctor, and for Roni as she waits! Hope you had a good dinner, drinks and cigar tonight :-) ~Keren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have been and will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pray that God will fill your belly with microbeads. Love to you and Roni. - Deb A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kevin,
    You are always in my prayer. Extra prayers for the macrobeads to work effectively.
    Rosemary S.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for space for the macrobeads, Kevin & Roni...and peace for you both. -Regina Ash (pmpbb)

    ReplyDelete