Sunday, June 20, 2010

Pain under control...But still tired

It is now 7:45 PM, Sunday, June 20th. Two days post op.

I am feeling MUCH better, although still tired. I have also been able to start cutting back on the narcotics to what they should be. I'm guessing that it may take awhile for the effects of the narcotics to start to wear off.

It is still a little tender around the incision area, but I can now get up out of bed, off the couch, etc., without much pain at all. Friday night it was impossible to even get in or out of bed without help, and without extreme pain.

Today, I have taken the dog out for a short walk, took a shower and have had a couple of naps. I am guessing it will take another week or so for things to get back to "normal", whatever that is.

As for finding out if the beads are working or not, I will have to set up a time to start having follow-up tests with the doctors to determine that. In the meantime, I'm just working on getting over the surgery.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good! Praying for an uneventful recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking the dog for a walk always cheers me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear the surgery was successful. I will pray the pain lessens for you quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update Kev. It is a privilege to be associated with you, bro. I continue to remember you in my prayers.
    Phil "crossave"

    ReplyDelete