Monday, January 26, 2004

Bouncing Back; Looking Ahead

After a week spent mostly in bed recovering from chemo infusion, back to work today. Next treatment: "MOAS"*

*The Mother of All Surgeries

I keep telling myself, "2 months from now, and I'll be home recovering". I'm trying to look forward to the recovery part instead of the surgery part.

I went to my oncologist today for another blood test. My cell counts and hemoglobins and such are going back up, so I didn't need a shot of anything today. I'm still tired but at least made it into work for most of the day. While I was at the doctors', the office manager there said that the insurance co. called them again for more information. My oncologist told them that they needed an oncologist to review the paperwork, so at least he is fighting for us in battle. The office manager said that she believes it is about 70% approved so far (not that I put much faith in percentages. :-))

I haven't been to the gym in about a week. Just too wiped out from the Oxaliplatin. Hope to get back on schedule tomorrow. When I do go to the gym, I do some weights, and about 30 mins on either the treadmill or the "elliptical" trainer. Other than the fatigue I am feeling fine. Looking forward to the day when I am whole and well and feeling great.

No comments:

Post a Comment