Friday, September 03, 2004

Arizona

Well, I arrived home from my trip to Arizona yesterday. The conference I went to was good, the only problem was that my digestive system was still giving me a hard time. Hopefully things will start to settle down soon. :-(

It was hot in Arizona, over 100 degrees farenheight every day. But it was still great. The resort was beautiful and the scenery was amazing.

Roni went with me and stayed for a couple of days. The first day we were there, we drove to Tucson to visit another cancer fighter, Josh Allen (you can find a link to his blog -- created and updated by his sister-- at the right of my blog). We spent about 4 hours there and had a great time. Having a strong, loving family is an important part of fighting cancer, and Josh certainly has one. We met his wife and kids, his parents and sisters, his mother-in-law, cousin and one of his sister's boyfriend. At once they made us feel at home and when we left, we felt like we were part of the family. Josh was recovering from a round of chemo, so he spent most of the time sleeping.

Please continue to keep him and his family in prayer. His fight isn't over and he needs as many people as possible watching his back.

As for me, I am still have digestive problems. About 6 or so bowel movements a day. Morning are still the hardest, and I have not been getting much sleep. So please keep me in your prayers as well.

Concerning the cancer support group at work, I spoke with the nurse in our HR dept and she thinks it is a great idea. She was on vacation for the past two weeks, so she said she will try to set up a meeting with her, me, a representative from the American Cancer Society and a rep from Time Inc's EAP (Employee Assistance Program). I'll let you all know how it goes.

Well, that is about it for now. I'll try to get some pics from our trip up soon and will let you all know when they are available.

Kevin

P.S. The blog has a new feature. Clicking on the small envelope icon at the bottom of the post allows you to quickly and easily email a link to the post to a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment