Sunday, January 02, 2005

Catching Up

OK, it's been awhile since I've posted. I have no excuse. So here is a post to catch everyone up-to-date.

Vacation
In December, Roni and I travelled to Oregon to spend time with my family. Apart from the long flights in cramped seats, we had a great time. It was the first time in about 10 years that my entire family had been together. And it was the first time that some of my family had seen me since my medical problems started. It was good seeing everyone again and we look forward to the next time we can all get together.

Back to the Gym
Six months after my last surgery, I have finally made it back to the gym. You would think it would be easy as the gym is on the first floor of our apt building. But for one reason or another, I didn't go. Today I went. It was a short and easy workout (relatively speaking), but it wore me out. I am hoping to get back into a routine and hopefully get back into shape soon.

New Medicine
Since I have still been having problems with my digestive system, I was prescribed a new medicine to try. It is Tincture of Opium (opium the drug, not the perfume) and is supposd to help heal the lining of the intestines and "slow things down". I have been on it for about 2 and a half weeks and I am sorry to say I have not seen a vast improvement. Hopefully soon.

I was also told that things should be getting better about 6 months after my surgery, which is coming up soon. So maybe with that, and the medicine, and going back to the gym, I will start improving soon.

Happy New Year!
We hope that everyone has a great new year. May it be a year filled with good health and no hospitals.

New Test Soon
This week, I need to make an appointment for my next round of tests. I will be having another blood tumor test and a CT Scan. These are the types of tests that cause trepidation as we wait for the results. As you may remember, the last blood test were good so we are praying that this next one will be as well. As for the CT Scan, this will be the first one since my surgery.

I hate these tests because until you get the "all clear" you alway wonder and/or worry about something showing up that shouldn't. Plus, I hate barrium. :-(

Well, that's it for now. I'll try to post as soon as we get the test results back.

No comments:

Post a Comment