Saturday, January 30, 2010

One More Week

Yesterday was my 18th day of radiation and chemo. That means I have 6 more treatments. On Thursday, the doc said I can double up next Friday to get everything out of the way, and be finished. It'll be on heck of day, but I think that is what I am going to do. So next Friday I'll go in for radiation in the morning, then again at night. Fin.

With that out of the way, the next thing will be a trip to Omaha for a followup consult with Dr. Loggie. We will be leaving LGA on Mar 2, staying overnight in Omaha, then I have to be at the hospital at 7 AM to check in and start drinking my barium (blech). CT scan will be at 9 AM, and then I'll see Dr. Loggie at 10 AM. Hopefully we can meet Kat for lunch, then it will be off to the airport to catch our flight home. Another whirlwind trip.

If Dr. Loggie says he wants to proceed with another surgery, then we will probably head back there in three or four weeks for that. I'm still hoping he'll say another surgery isn't necessary...

As for how I'm doing, the chemo and radiation is making me exhausted. I'll be glad to get this over and done with.

That's it for now. Thank you all again for your thoughts, prayers, good will, etc.

Kevin

5 comments:

  1. This doesn't sound like any fun at all! Good luck with Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fingers and toes are crossed for you.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoughts And Prayers being Sent Kevin, Hang in there Bro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You continue to be in my prayers Kevin!!!! Keep up the good job!!!

    Huge Hugs!!! xx

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the updates. you continue to be an inspiration to me. i will be praying special blessing on the doctors this week and for safe travels. God is in control.

    God bless,

    your cousin,

    Dwayne

    ReplyDelete