Sunday, January 03, 2010

The Fun Starts Again...

Yep, it's that time again. Tomorrow I go see my oncologist for a quick checkup, and tumor markers. Then Tuesday, it's time for my first radiation treatment. I'm a little nervous, but have been told that the side effects should be minimal. That's what I'm hoping.

The radiation treatments will be 5 days a week for 5 weeks. Supposedly it will only be about 20 - 30 minutes from start to finish. I'll kep you updated as things progress.

On a positive note, Roni and I had a great time with my family in OR during the Christmas holiday. We had enough miles (had to buy a few) to fly first class, which for tall people like us, made the cross country trip much more comfortable.

We left Elke with a friend in Philly who took great care of her (thanks Keri). And we were very glad to see her after a week. She was very glad to see us too. :-) We sure did miss that little nudnik.

3 comments:

  1. God Bless Kevin. I am praying 2010 will be the year you beat this thing. If your positive attitude has anything to do with it (and I am sure that it does!) cancer doesn't stand a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Kevin, keep that sense of humor going...

    Sheboygan Dan (right now, Louisiana Bayou Dan)

    ReplyDelete