Wednesday, October 15, 2003

How's Roni?

Still "GRATEFUL!" and hopeful

I was staring at a couple of scary "worst-case" scenarios there for a while. When i think of the "could haves"--just one being the fact that this pain slammed him when he was out for a lunch time joy ride on the Harley, and could have resulted in a horrible accident--I'm so, so grateful that I can reasonably expect to have Kevin around for a long time to come... Well, the best I can say about all of that right now, without blubbering all over my keyboard, is that i realized on a gut level just how precious my husband is to me...

I'm hopeful and faith-filled. G-d has seen us through some difficult times. Though life is unpredictable and too often hard, G-d has always been with us. Whenever Kevin and I look back at all of our life up until now -- that includes the disappointments, hurts, seeming tragedies... all of it -- we like to sum it up with two lines from one a Kevin's favorite movies (though I'm too tired to know for certain which movie or to get the quote exactly right). the first line has to do with a soldier acknowledging G-d's hand with them in battle and another soldier replying in a heavy brogue "Aye, he has done us grrreat good."

Even now, though my emotions fluctuate from mad to scared to..., I see the goodness of G-d all around me--in the love my husband and I have for one another, in the amazing care we have/are being given, in each of you and in the tangible nearness of a real G-d i know i can cling to.

No comments:

Post a Comment