Monday, May 24, 2010

Clinical Trial Testing - Part 1

Today I had my first round of testing to determine if I will be eligible for the Macrobead Clinical Trial.

First I had my blood drawn. I think they took about 7 pints of blood. And I never exaggerate.

They also took nasal and saliva swabs. Did a EKG. Tested skin for any allergic reactions to the mouse cells, and noted all of the vitals (weight, height, temp, blood pressure, etc.)

Next steps will be a chest x-ray and CT/PET scan on Wednesday.

Hopefully we will know by the end of the week what the results are, and if I will be a candidate for the trial.

1 comment:

  1. Kevin, I have just read all the old blogs on the pmp awareness site and then found a route to this blog. I am new to all of this, having just been diagnosed with PMP in Jan. 2010, originally in March 09 told I had appendix cancer...prayers will be with you and your wife! I have not had the MOAS yet. I went to Mexico and received alternative therapies there with Dr. Munoz (google him for info) or contact Burton Goldberg for alternative advice. You can email me rachael.underwood@shctc.k12.oh.us if you want contact information for Dr. Munoz's clinic. I have had a consult with Dr. Lowy in San Diego for the MOAS;however, I'm more interested in finding out what causes this and trying to reverse it from there. I would encourage you to find the Ralph Moss report for PMP and read it; I am currently in the process of getting it. God be with you!

    ReplyDelete