Monday, January 30, 2006

And Now Some Good News

Feb 18th will be my 2 year anniversary since my MOAS. Some days I even forget I ever had cancer. Today was not one of those days.

Today I had my bi-annual CT scan. This is usually one of the most anxious times for me. The blood tumor markers are a little anxiety producing, but not as bad as the CT scan. While the tumor markers can flucuate over a period of time, the CT scan shows what is going on in your body.

Anyway, getting to the results, everything is STABLE!! WHOO HOO!!

Now I can breathe again until the next scan in 6 months.

As for the blood tumor marker tests I had last Monday, those came back OK. Not great, but not bad either. The CEA was 3 (normal range is 0-2.5). I'm not overly concerned as it has gotten higher than that before, then went down again after a few months. So, until we see it keep going up, I'm not going to worry. The CA 19-9 was 27 (normal range is 0-37).

So, so far so good.

BTW - Roni and I went to FL for a week's vacation and had a pretty good time. It was pretty windy so we weren't able to do some of the activities we wanted to, but we were able to relax, ride a motorcycle, wrestle some gators (and by wrestling, I mean take pictures of), and enjoy the warm sunshine while it was freezing cold in NYC. I hope to have some pictures up soon.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I don't know how Roni and I would be able to handle this without all of you.

Kevin

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I surfed onto your site as a result of my investigation into cytoreductive surgery and heated intraperitoneal chemotheraphy --- my active, 40 year old brother was just diagnosed with Malignant Peritoneal Mesothelioma, and learned today --HURRAY!! -- that he is an excellent candidate for this surgery. This is the first bit of good news we've had since this nightmare began 8 days ago.

    He's having the srugery in Calgary, Alberta (CANADA), and will only be the 4th person in Alberta to have it done.

    Reports like yours are such an excellent resource for those of us who are madly scrambling for info.

    Thank you--
    Shelley (in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CANADA)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kev it's Stephanie from NJ. Thanks so much for signing onto my web site. My husband and I would love to meet you and Roni some time. I am soooo glad to hear your recent CT scan came back all good. I am feeling great except for when I get the chemo it really brings me down, but I am almost half way done, next treatment will be number 6 and I have to have 12 cycles. It really sucks but I know I have to do it. Maybe when I am done with the chemo in May we could meet. I also am trying to get my bathroom issues under control. I am currently taking Lemodel (not so sure of the spelling) and it seems to be working. Well anyway take good care and I will write again soon.

    ReplyDelete