Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Roni here

I know I haven't posted for awhile. Kevin's being doing a great job of keeping everyone up to date, so why be redundant?

However, after reading Kevin's recent post, I want to echo Kevin's thanks to G-d (I hope to one day soon post a list of all of the miraculous events--some of which we did not include in the blog postings when we were in the thick of things).

I also want to add my thanks to Kevin's for all who prayed for us, encouraged us, brought us food, drove us, stayed with us at the hospital. The list goes on and on. But we're mostly grateful for the prayers, because we fully believe it's because of prayer that Kevin is here today.

Lastly, I just want to say how proud I am of my husband. I have seen his soldier's strength and resolve from the very beginning and throughout his long, difficult battle. I saw his faith, already firmly established in a bedrock of carefully considered truth-seeking, continue to strengthen and grow. Normal moments of self pity were fleeting, and not something in which he indulged himself. In many ways, he has been my stable, dependable source of strength as I struggled in the role of caretaker. In other words, he was Kevin.

Crises tend to bring out either the best or the worst in people. Cancer brought the very best Kevin to the forefront, and I am proud to be his wife and grateful for the lessons he is still teaching me. He is my hero.

Roni

No comments:

Post a Comment